The college was founded in 1994 and it was holding the name ( college of teachers).
The name was changed into ( college of basic education) in 2004. The college is
a scientific and educational institution seeks to prepare a well-qualified cadres
to teach the different curriculums for primary schools. The college is keen to plant
the professional and ethical values in the students and enable them to practice
the modern educational activities. The college also seeks to improve scientific
research to serve the community.
In 1997-1998 after-graduate studies were initiated
in the college to grant master degree in fields available in the college. The college
now has six departments Arabic language department, English language department,
History department, Geography department ,Special education department General sciences
( biology, physics, chemistry).
- Ensuring excellency in the fields of preparing teachers of high quality and able
of social communication.
- To be distinguished in scientific research and activities in the educational field.
- Serving the community and cooperate with parents of the students and schools administration.
- Continuous development for the scientific fields in light of the recent researches
- Participating in the development of the educational plans by cooperating with colleges
of the university and the ministry of education.